Monday, December 6, 2010

Patin Sandwich

After tasting the steamed patin, I thought it would do well in a sandwich for now. I have not heard of anyone making a Patin sandwich, honestly I don't think I ever would. Anywayz I would like to give it a shot.

For the Patin Sandwich:
1 cup cooked Patin fish, flaked
Some Chopped chillis, pickled green chillis or pinch of chilli flakes
1 tsp lime or lemon juice
1 tbsp mayonnaise (optional)
Sliced onion
Sliced boiled eggs
Some Lettuce
Bread
Some Mustard & or Butter

Mixed the fish with the tiny bitsy chopped chillis or pickled green chillis. You don't want to bite into big chunks of chillis, just a hint of heat is plenty. Add some lime juice, mayonnaise (if using), salt and pepper to taste.

Good bread makes a good sandwich. I used brown oat bread. Assemble the fillings between slices of bread, lettuce (washed and dried), fish and topped with sliced onions. Oh don't forget the mustard, Dijon is too mild for me, I prefer the "real McCoy" like English Mustard or even Wasabi.


No comments: