Monday, December 6, 2010

Patin Fish

I saw this fish at the market and thought it looked kind of "unusual".  Essentially, it looked like a catfish, except that it was lighter in colour, almost silvery.


According to the fishmonger this fish has a "muddy" smell and I would need to cleanse it with lime juice and water. Well, he was the expert and I needed all the advice I could get. He helped me to debone and remove whatever else there was to be removed.




Left with the flesh, I brought the fish home, soaked them in lime juice water and rinsed them. To get to know this fish better, I thought I should just steam them. So with some lime juice, pinch of tumeric powder, salt, pepper, olive oil, a piece of bruised lemongrass and kaffir lime leaf mix, I steamed the fish on high. Six minutes later, I had steamed Patin starring at me in the steamer.

No comments: