Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Breakfast -Grilled Mushrooms & Eggs

As much as I wanted to, I usually could not muster breakfast...its simply too early for me. Don't nag me...my mother does that all the time...I have heard it all before "breakfast is the most important meal of the day". My body could only manage coffee in the morning and nothing else. Except maybe on weekends, I may have some breakfast.

If I do have breakfast, I like something with mushrooms. Mushrooms on toast, parotta or chapati, mushroom omelette, fritata, quiche...But my all time favourite has to be grilled mushrooms with scrambled eggs basmati rice. This is really easy and I do not even consider it to be a recipe. Just saute the mushrooms with butter, ghee or olive oil, add a pinch of anything which fancies me, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, thyme, marjoram, even mint or coriander leaves, spring onions..chilli flakes..lol..anything or simply nothing, just salt and pepper. Scramble the eggs with butter and add a little plain basmati rice. It has to be butter for me...and its yum...comfort food at its best.

No comments: