Monday, December 26, 2011

"Moroccan Bisarra"

Noorizhan gave me some canned baby split fava beans and I was over the moon. I love eating Bisarra but have problem getting the beans from nearby supermarket here.

There are many Middle-Eastern Bisarra recipes but here I used the "Moroccan" one with a little twist. I added kashmiri chilli powder for a bit of heat and colour. I needed the spiciness to balance up the creaminess of the Bisarra. Sometimes I would even sprinkle some sumac to "zest-up" the flavours.

Ok peeps below is the recipe.

MOROCCAN BISSARA
3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 to 2 cups Split Baby Fava Beans (cooked & mashed)
1 tsp Cumin powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 to 1 cup Water
Sprinkle of Paprika
Salt & pepper to taste
4-5 Olives
Some toasted Arabic Bread

Saute garlic in the olive oil in a pot.
Pour in split baby fava beans and water.
Add chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, and simmer for a few minutes.
Add some more water if necessary; stir to reach desired consistency.
Garnish with olives and sprinkle of paprika.
Serve with arabic bread

No comments: